Saturday, December 18, 2010

LB#8

Teaching with Contrived Experiences
 
One of the qualities of an effective teacher is to make models and mock ups as a substitute of real thing that is not feasible to bring in the class. As I recall my high school experience, my Science Teacher used us to make projects on the solar system,parts of a cell,and atoms. Most of our projects were used as visual aids in her instruction materials. We need to make our projects accurate, that is as imitation of the real thing. The teacher facilitates and we shared ideas,knowledge,and information about on a particular illustration. What I liked most to her was that she brought us into reality. I imagined how things worked or looks like through the help of the representation of things.
 Based on my experience, I feel interesting as I listened to my Science Teacher to her discussion that made my imagination wider as well as my abstract thought. In so doing, teacher should be creative and sensible to the student needs. Teachers must also bear in mind that in doing mock ups or illustration,it should be in a correct presentation that is following the right color,size and all aspects of an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment